Sunday, August 13, 2006

He's Gay, Amy

wow...two posts in one day!

Today has been an interesting day. I don't want to write a whole lot about it, but after I wrote on here earlier I went to my brother's birthday party and then caught up with an old friend. He is a guy I dated in high school and I nearly haven't seen him since. And we talked for a long time. And I remember the reasons I really liked him. Only he's gay now.

I also spent a long time with the Lord. As I was packing things yesterday I came across my one-year Bible that I used for two years in college. So I read today and it was so good. It was from Jeremiah chapters 30 and 31. The absolute mercy, grace and hope that it describes were exactly what I needed to hear. I will give you some of my favorite parts, but you really should just go read those two chapters and remember how much God loves you.

Chapter 30:10-11, 17
"So do not be afraid, Jacob, my servant; do not be dismayed, Israel, says the LORD. For I will bring you home again from distant lands... For I am with you and will save you, says the LORD. I will completely destroy the nations where I have scattered you, but I will not destroy you. But I must discipline you; I cannot let you go unpunished. I will give you back your health and heal your wounds, says the LORD."

Chapter 31:1-6
"In that day," says the LORD, "I will be the God of all the families of Israel, and they will be my people. I will care for the survivors as they travel through the wilderness. I will again come to give rest to the people of Israel." Long ago the LORD said to Israel: "I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself. I will rebuild you, my virgin Israel. You will again be happy and dance merrily with tambourines. Again you will plant your vineyards on the mountains of Samaria and eat from your own gardens there. The day will come when watchmen will shout from the hill country of Ephraim, `Come, let us go up to Jerusalem to worship the LORD our God.' "

No comments: