Friday, June 30, 2006

Make My Brain Work!

Last night I went to a new Bible Study. Since I have been home from Mexico I haven't been to a single Bible Study. I don't think you have to be involved in a study to go to heaven, but I do think community is vital for growth and walking with the Lord. And I have missed community deeply!! So, I went to this new church, got a list of their Bible Studies and last night I went.

From the minute I walked in the door I felt at home. They were so warm and welcoming I nearly forgot I was the new person! We had a two hour discussion on Luke 9:18-27 and then sat around just talking for an hour after that! My brain was so pleased that I had finally put it in a situation where it needed to be stretched (the discussion was a bit over my head) and my heart was so full just being around these people. I love being in a place where you know without a doubt that every person around you is walking closely with the Lord. Oh, my heart is just so full.

1 comment:

Emily Bastine said...

I love you. I think we should talk soon. We have some catching up to do. :)