Thursday, September 14, 2006

it's been awhile

Hi all! Sorry I have been so bad about posting lately. A lot has been going on. I will give you a few highlights...

1) I am still raising financial and prayer support full time. I have been learning a lot about myself during this process. I will write more about that later...

2) I am settled into my new apartment with my new roommate Jael. Ashley, the third roomie, will be moving in in the next month and we are so excited! It has been such a sweet blessing to be able to live in a community of believers after living alone all summer.

3) My family has had quite an interesting couple of weeks. I want to protect their privacy, so I won't give many specifics. But please pray for my family. One member of my immediate family has been diagnosed with a life-threatening disease and it has taken a toll on each of us. It is interesting how the world can be turned so upside down by one phone call. Please pray that God would perform a miracle, that my family would be united during this time, and that God would comfort our hearts as we mourn.

4) Yesterday I was telling a dear friend of mine that I am self-conscious a vast percentage of the time. We talked about it for a few minutes, and then she lovingly pointed out to me that this is a judgmental and self-centered way to live my life. At first I had that "i suck" feeling that comes up when I see sin in my life. But it quickly turned to joy as I realized God loves me so much that He would reveal to me things that aren't pleasing to Him and gives me what I need to turn from sin. So it was a huge wake-up moment, and I am excited! I am still thinking through this, so I will write more later, but for now I am excitedly thinking through my life, trying to find more ways I am self-centered and judgmental, so that I can confess it and be more who God wants me to be.

5) My birthday was Tuesday. I woke up to my sweet friend who lives in a country on the other side of the world calling me to tell me she loves me. Then my roomies brought me starbucks in bed, and the day just got better as it went! I love birthdays - mine and everyone else's - and love thinking about the people God has brought into my life these last 23 years. And I love chicken pad thai.

6) I just got the mail and I have a package from my friend Streit who lives in New Mexico. So, I should probably end this to go get it :)

No comments: